Dragon Hazard is a cooperative tactical strategy game, where a group of powerful heroes quest, gear up, and potentially slay the monstrous Dragon.
On the surface, I like the look and idea of this game. The artwork is fun and whimsical, in all actuality it reminds me of an early Fire Emblem.
The video I was able to watch of the gameplay, gave the game a straight forward goal set.
- Adventure and Free the outlying towns
- Level up and gain access to strong abilities
- Finally awaken then Dragon and Defeat it. The game seemed to play quick (30-45 min.)
Pros: The game looks conceptually pretty. There are quite a few customizable heroes. The game play is quick to the point, and supports a decent size player grouping.
Cons: Replay-ability is not high on this games skill set. Dice luck, every turn you roll the dice and then are allowed limited options. The quests needed a bit more flavor and development.
The Kickstarter, while capturing the bright artistic world of Dragon Hazard, needs some direction. If this game is to have a chance at launching, it needs these aspects.
- The base games price needs to be lower, or more value (reasons to play again) need to be added.
- World wide shipping options need to be more defined and less costly. If shipping costs are half your games cost you may need to find another option.
- Info overload on the Characters, give us 2-4 of the characters, because not many will read your entire page.
- A need for game reviews.
- Read and incorporate A Crowdfunder’s Strategy by Jamey Stegmaier
I really hope that there are solutions to the above situations, because a relaunch of this game would be something I could get behind.
Go check this project out and let me know if these comments are fair.
Backer Perspective: is my own personal opinions about games that I see on Croudfunding Sites. You can take these comments as you see best.